Unable to Load Client Print Control since security update

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by soxenhandler, Nov 2, 2008.

1. "Unable to Load Client Print Control"when clicking the print icon in SSRS reports.This error message appeared last week onall computers using my asp.net 2.0 mssql2005 ssrs reports. Different threads state thereareautomatic Windows security updates causing the problem:

kb956803
    kb956391.

When I remove these from my box at home it works. But there are many computers my users have at work that are locked down, so the solution has to be centralized. Has dasp done anything to correct this situation by loading the correct service packs and patches on the dasp servers? This seems to be the solution when examining other discussion threads.

Thanks in advance for any discussion of this frustrating

ScottyO.

2. Mark,

Thanks for your comment. I think this is a very big problem for a lot of users of SSRS reports. I read the thread you suggested. My dasp website is used for patient care in a hospital environement, which is very secure. The hospital IT dept is working to accomplish what the thread suggests beginning tomorrow. But this is a different (but similar) problem, since the thread discussion was in April 2008, and this problem has just arisen since the security updates I mentioned below, which appeared October 17, 2008. Prior to that everything was working fine. The hospital computers are able to download the AX control the first time reports were printed-about a year ago. All was fine until just the last week when these security updates hit.
    Other threads have mentioned patches and updates to the SSRS report server and sql2005 -on the server side - which fix the problem, which is my question: is dasp aware of this problem as it relates to thesesecurity updates (kb956803 and kb956391)? If you were go google them, you'd see what I am referring to.

In the meantime, I've found a partial work-around, by programatically generating the SSRS reports in pdf format and printingby clicking thePDF print icon. This works well for my users on their home computers which all havepdf/acrobat AX controls loaded. I'm going to test ittomorrow in the hospital. I was told the hospital computers don'thave PDF AX controlsloaded (but many times I've been told such things and find out by trial and errorthings work!).

Anyway, Isaw a nice quote from a distant threadlongago, and will quote it here...
    "Never under-estimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot!..."

By the way, I've read many of your threads and have benefited greatly, so many thanks.

ScottyO.