Upload Website using VWD 2005 express edition

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by ie1jch, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Hi,
    I upload my website to the ftp.mydomainname.comthrough the VWDbut I can not see my website when I go to www.mydomainname.com . Did I missing a step or I upload to a wrong location? Please help. Thanks

2. My domainname is www.westkn.com

I am new in developing web. I just put a test web form in the website.

Thanks for your help

JCH

3. It looks like you put all your files into a directory called 'Web'. You need to move these files up one directory into the root.

Joel Thoms

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Ok, it looks like you have some custom aspnet_client files you need to upload. Create a support ticket to have them check the permissions on your aspnet_client directory.

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. It would not let me add to that directory and give the following message,

Copy from 'C:\Documents and Settings\hoj\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\WebSite1\aspnet_client' to 'ftp://ftp.westkn.com/aspnet_client' started at 2/13/2006 4:50:54 PM.
    aspnet_client
    Copy file Default.aspx from source to remote Web site.
    Has error -- Unable to add 'aspnet_client/Default.aspx' to the Web. 550 aspnet_client/Default.aspx: Access is denied.
    Copy file UtilitiesList.aspx from source to remote Web site.
    Has error -- Unable to add 'aspnet_client/UtilitiesList.aspx' to the Web. 550 aspnet_client/UtilitiesList.aspx: Access is denied.

Copy from 'C:\Documents and Settings\hoj\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\WebSite1\aspnet_client' to 'ftp://ftp.westkn.com/aspnet_client' is finished. Completed at 2/13/2006 4:50:57 PM.

Please help

Thanks