uploading site problem

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by jenn, Mar 31, 2009.

1. I'm still having trouble with uploading my site.
    I've used the ironspeed application to build my site. i've uploaded all the files in the root directory. when i go to the webapplication i only see 2 directories (i had to leave because tey have a file with the same name in it. otherwise i have to overwrite one of them). i dont see any of my files. (see attachment) to install.

can somone help me. i dont understand how to work with the web apllication tool. thx:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

web application tool only show directories.

You can't really create an application on a file!

3. ok, but now wich directory i have to use to build the application?

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

now.. i am lost!!! what exactly do you mean?

5. after i upload my website, i have to go to the "web application tool" to install the application right? do i have to choose the directory with the files of my website in it to install the application? when i do so when i browse my site i see this:

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:52 PM <dir> Release.

i also try to only upload only the files instead of using the directory "release" But i can not do that because their are files with the same name that ironspeed generate itself.

i hope you can understand what i'm trying to explain here.

isn't there any tutorial or something that explain how to upload a website step by step.

6. noone can help me here???

7. I think it maybe best to install your application directly on your root and not in some subdirectory.

8. i've allready done that. my apllication has several folders. and i have to upload all of them. still not working

9. mjp

mjp

It's impossible to create all but the most rudimentary html step-by-step site uploading tutorial, because there are an infinite number of options when you are dealing with this technology.

We have tutorials for some specific applications, but I am afraid that Iron Speed is not one of them (at a glance it looks like a code generation tool rather than an application anyway).

You might get more specific assistance asking your questions in the Iron Speed forum.

10. ok thnx, i'm gonna do that