User created account

Discussion in 'Email' started by Tremmer, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. We would like to give the privilage of creating a user email account to the new user when they register on our site. We have looked in the knowledge base and asked smarter tools forum but have had no luck. Does any one have a simple solution or can tell us the best way to do this

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. Hi, I am after the answer of your question. but technical support people are not co-operative to show the actual way rather than pointing the KB which does not have any info. about it. If you have found any way pls let me know at [email protected]

Thanks

Mary Ann

4. Bruce

Are you familiar with using ASP.NET web service? If so, you can easily incorporate your web application to create email user.

Like Mark was saying, techincal support generally do not provide help with development issues. I recommend you enable the API in the control panel and try it out.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. We would like to give the privilege of creating a user email account to the new user when they register on our site(thesoccerplannertest.com). I have given example in an image (for easy understanding) what we really want in either way or any other similar way. Pls. visit the link and give us a solution.</o:p>
    Thanks</o:p>
    Mary ANN</o:p>
    http://www.thesoccerplannertest.com/DEMO.aspx

6. We would like to give the privilege of creating a user email account to the new user when they register on our site(thesoccerplannertest.com). I have given example in an image (for easy understanding) what we really want in either way or any other similar way. Pls. visit the link and give us a solution.</o:p>
    Thanks</o:p>
    Mary ANN</o:p>
    http://www.thesoccerplannertest.com/DEMO.aspx

7. Bruce

when your user log into the webmail, they should be able to change anything related to their account. Why do you have to do that programatically?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

8. mjp

mjp

Mary Ann, what you want to do is certainly possible using the API. Butthe API is just a tool - amethod to make things happen on the server, it would take a bit of work to develop the application that uses the API to create the email users from a web site interface.

So far I have not seen anyonedevelop such an interface - or if they have, they have not shared the details here -which is why no one has been able to point you to anything and say, "Go look at this, this is what you need to do."

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.