Using a Com Component in asp.net2.0 application on Web Server

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Bruce, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

This is most likely cause by the fact that your .net component is trying to use a DLL that you have not granted permission to.

From what I gather in the error, it looks like the component is trying to "read" a webpage and convert this to PDF. You probably cannot use this function on our server because most of these type of component make use of the IE core dll which is prohibited.

The security policy on Windows 2k3 does not allow browsing on the server, the same policy applies when you try to pull a web page programatically.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. dear sir
    we have a hosting on your server name rewardscentral.us.

There is a problem when i using a COM component in my application and uploaded on server. This component is for Converting a page in to pdf.
    when i taking to convert page into pdf OR using my com Component method. this give a error that say accesss is denied.
    The error is

"ExpertPdf.HtmlToPdf.HtmlConvert<WBR>Exception: Could not generate the PDF document. Could not get image from url. Could not initialize the html converter object.Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))."

html converter: this is my COM Component object.

where i purcahe this COM Componet the representative of this Com Compont r give me advice that the access(COM Compont)is not grated on server.

Thanks in Advance

3. Hi

sir , thanks for early Response

Com component is not enabled on server, so

how i can convert my webpage into pdf format. There is any other way to convert url into pdf format.

thanks

maheshwari