WARNING TO ALL DASP.NET CUSTOMERS

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by jonnycoges, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Make sure your account information is up to date. If you should have a different credit card issued during the year, make sure to put the new number in place. Also, make sure your email address on your account is active. All DiscountASP.NET will do if your credit card fails is attempt to email that account (if that). And then if they do not receive a response, they will simply suspend your account, effectively taking everything of yours offline. Even though you all put a phone number in your account information, the billing department will not try to call you. Heaven forbid any employee of DiscountASP should EVER talk to a customer on the phone! That would mean too much of a commitment to customer service.
    Once you are shutdown, you will have to wait for your support ticket to get attention. This can take all day, if your lucky.

So heed this warning, all DiscountASP.NET "customers."

2. mjp

mjp

That's good advice.

As you might imagine, it is our goal not to cancel any accounts. It is not in our interest to cancel an account.So 45 days before an account is due for renewal we send an email reminder, then on the renewal date if the card fails we send another notice, and before an account is actually suspended, we send another notice and attempt contact using the phone number on the account (we do limit our telephone contact to English speaking countries, and those who are in time zones that it makes sense to call - we do not want to call someone on the other side of the world the middle of the night).

Now if your email address is invalid, you're going to miss most of our attempts to resolve account issues. That's unfortunate, but beyond our control (though we may implement something very soon that will alleviate some email communication issues). If we cannot speak to a customer directly when we attempt to call, we will leave a message when that is an option. If all that fails, we suspend (not cancel) the account (and send yet another email reminder). If we do not get a response, at some point we do have to cancel the account.

I understand that you are suggesting that we should really make more of an effort to contact customers whose accounts are unpaid before suspending the account. But there is only so much we can do. Suspending the account is an effective way to get the customer to contact us when our attempts to contact them have failed. It's a reasonable action, and common in all types of utilities, and in the broad scope of things we are basically a utility. If you don't pay the electric company they will warn you a few times, then turn off the power. They're happy to turn it back on, but you're going to have to initiate the contact to get that done.

Again, we do take many steps to avoid suspending an account. It is in our interest to avoid that situation. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to go that route in order to resolve a billing issue.

3. <v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="mad" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://community.discountasp.net/emoticons/mad.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> My account was suspended today with no call what?s so ever. I did not receive any emails as I use my registered domain e-mail but the one originally used to register is no longer good as I switched cable companies.</o:p>
    </o:p>
    I agree no calls are made and some effort should be made, but then again when your credit card gets stolen (like mine) you need to make sure you update every vendor.....</o:p>
    Waiting &amp; Waiting <v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 13.5pt; HEIGHT: 22.5pt" alt="freaked" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://community.discountasp.net/emoticons/freaked.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>or the switch to be turned back on my site.</o:p>

4. mjp

mjp

Peter V said...

<v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"></v:path><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="mad"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://community.discountasp.net/emoticons/mad.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> My account was suspended today with no call what?s so ever. I did not receive any emails as I use my registered domain e-mail but the one originally used to register is no longer good as I switched cable companies.</o:p>

The suspension ticket for your account indicates that a call was made and a message left for you at 4:53PM last Friday. The billing department follows a verystrict procedure, and they only suspend an account when the criteria I mentioned above are met.
    I would also add that the billing departmentattends toevery bounced email that is related to account billing. They will call (again, to English speaking countries, and those who are in time zones that it makes sense to call) and attempt to get a new email contact. If your old ISP is not bouncing mail addressed to your old address, then that contact wouldn't have been attempted.

As I mentioned, we don't want to suspend any accounts. If you have any ideas to improve the delinquent accountprocess, we are certainly open to hearing them. The procedure that we use is based on what we have found to be effective over the past five years.

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET