Web.config error in VWD

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by agband, Jul 27, 2007.

1. OK,

Perhaps I am merely an idiot. I can accept that, but this issue is driving me absolutely bonkers. I am trying to use a CMS that I purchased and am trying to figure out exactly why it will not work at all. When I say at all, I mean not on the DASP and not on my local machine. I am using VWD Express to make the necessary changes, but everytime I try to run the site locally (CTRL-F5), I get build errors. 101 to be exact. And each one begins with, 'Could no find the schema information for...' I have included a screenshot of my build error as proof. I am also including my web.config file to see if there might be someone out there much smarter than me to tell me why I am getting 101 error messages stating that the schema information could not be found. As a reminder, this web.config was not written by me. It was written by the company that sold me the CMS software. The only alterations are the ConnectionString, and the system.net mailsettings. Is there something wrong here?

<configuration xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0'>
    <appSettings>
    <add key='FileStorage' value='\resources_secure'/>
    <add key='UseWorkflowEmailNotification' value='no'/>
    <add key='MaxSiteMapLevel' value='5'/>
    <add key='MaxDropdownMenuLevel' value='5'/>
    <add key='UseSecureFileStorageForViewing' value='no'/>
    <add key='Shop' value='no'/>
    </appSettings>
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name='SiteConnectionString' connectionString='Data Source=tcp:sql2k508.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=SQL2005_378073_dbmem;uid=SQL2005_378073_dbmem_user;pwd=********;trusted_connection=false;'
    providerName='System.Data.SqlClient' />
    </connectionStrings>
    <system.web>
    <sessionState timeout='45'/>
    <httpModules>
    <add type='URLRewrite, App_code' name='URLRewrite'/>
    </httpModules>
    <authorization>
    <allow users='?'/>
    </authorization>
    <membership defaultProvider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'>
    <providers>
    <remove name='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider' connectionStringName='SiteConnectionString' type='System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,System.Web,Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' passwordFormat='Clear' enablePasswordReset='true' enablePasswordRetrieval='true' requiresQuestionAndAnswer='false' maxInvalidPasswordAttempts='5' minRequiredPasswordLength='3' minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters='0' passwordAttemptWindow='10' passwordStrengthRegularExpression='' requiresUniqueEmail='true'/>
    </providers>
    </membership>
    <profile defaultProvider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'>
    <providers>
    <add name='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider' connectionStringName='SiteConnectionString' type='System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider,System.Web,Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'/>
    </providers>
    <properties>
    <add name='FirstName' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='LastName' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='Company' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='Address' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='City' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='Zip' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='State' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='Country' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='Phone' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='UseAdvancedEditor' type='System.Boolean' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='UseAdvancedSaveOptions' type='System.Boolean' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='EditablePageURL' type='System.Boolean' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='UseAdvancedMove' type='System.Boolean' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='UseWYSIWYG' type='System.Boolean' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    <add name='AdditionalInfo' type='System.String' provider='AspNetSqlMembershipProvider'/>
    </properties>
    </profile>
    <roleManager enabled='true' defaultProvider='AspNetSqlRoleProvider'>
    <providers>
    <remove name='AspNetSqlRoleProvider'/>
    <add name='AspNetSqlRoleProvider' connectionStringName='SiteConnectionString' type='System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider'/>
    </providers>
    </roleManager>
    <compilation debug='false'/>
    <authentication mode='Forms'>
    <forms timeout='45'/>
    </authentication>
    <customErrors mode='Off'></customErrors>
    <pages>
    <controls>
    <add tagPrefix='editor' namespace='InnovaStudio' assembly='WYSIWYGEditor'/>
    <add tagPrefix='frm' namespace='FormReplace' assembly='App_Code'/>
    </controls>
    </pages>
    <httpRuntime executionTimeout='54000' maxRequestLength='16384' />
    <xhtmlConformance mode='Transitional' />
    </system.web>
    <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
    <smtp from='[email protected]'>
    <network host='localhost' password='********' userName='aggiecrossi'/>
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
    </system.net>
    </configuration>

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. From the screen shot it seems that you just have two error messages.As far as the 101 information messages(these are not error messages) are concerned,they are caused due to the following line in your web.config

<configuration xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0'>

To Resolve,
    Remove the xmlns part so:
    replace '<configuration xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0'>' by only '<configuration>'

For the 2 error messages,it seems you need to contact the CMS support .It seems ,that one of their user control(events_calendar.ascx) is messed up .

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Vikram,

hanks for the reply. I ended up getting it all to work finally, though I am not quite sure how I managed to do that. But it is working and that is what I was really concerned about.