Web.config in sub-directory inherit from root directory

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by sweet, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Hi:

[​IMG]I have two applications:eek:neis a root application, the other one is child application under asub-directory.

I did create the application under /sub-directory.
    But I got the following error. I think that is because I have two
    web.config files, one under root and one under /sub-directory.
    For application in /sub-directory, it supposed to use
    /sub-directory/web.config but it actually looking for web.config under root.

The root application isthe personal starter kit from microsoft website, I guess the setting in web.config automaticly set the child directory inherit from it. Could anyone tell me how to change web.config?

thank you

sweet

Server Error in '/EasySoccer' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Theme 'NiagaraFalls' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.

Source Error:

Line 14: </connectionStrings>
    Line 15: <system.web>
    Line 16: <pages styleSheetTheme="NiagaraFalls"/>
    Line 17: <!--
    Line 18: <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>

Source File: E:\web\smartwebdev\htdocs\web.config Line: 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

2. The settings in the sub-directory web.config should override the root web.config settings. Make sure you have the 'NiagaraFalls theme in your App_Theme folder of your sub-application.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET