Web service being cached???

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by srhea, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I am having a very strange problem. Every so often when I deploy my web service changes to the website, I am forced to rebuild and redistribute my files several times before the changes will "take" on the server. I thought at first that the DLL's weren't having their references on the server properly refreshed and so I even tried removing the application setting from the directory and then reapplying it. Nothing seems to work. I am uncertain whether the problem is that the server is caching the service somehow or if the changes aren't being properly implemented in the assemblies.

Has anyone experienced this problem? And if so, how did you correct it?

2. This shouldnt happen,because once you replace older assemblies w/ the new ones,the server should replace the cache automatically,so t migt not be a caching issue.Try recycling your application after you update your assemblies.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Ok, the more I look at this, the more I don't think it's a server caching issue either. I *think* I have found a way to get around it by completely deleting the old assemblies before recompiling. However, I thought the "publish web site" option was supposed to do this automatically? Of course, the problem is that this doesn't happen consistently, so while I may think I have circumvented the problem, it may crop up again later.