Web127 Offline

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by clayutility, Nov 6, 2009.

1. It appears that web127 is offline. I cannot access my site, or the default page for web127. I have submitted a helpdesk ticket on this, but I wanted to get this out in the forums for a quick resolution.

Web127 has been flaky for a while. Periods of outage for 45 seconds to a minute, then it comes back up.

2. I know it's early there in CA, but does DASP not have a 24/7 staff? My site (and many others, I'm sure) has been down for over 2 hours. Web127 is not completely down, but HTTP and HTTPS services are stopped. I just did an nmap scan to see what ports were actually open and those do not show up in the list.

This is not acceptable. I submitted a ticket on this yesterday when the server started acting up, and the technician acted like it was a problem unique to me. I am not pleased with the service we're getting from DASP right now. I thought this was a really stable company, but I seem to have continual problems with my website.

I would appreciate some sort of acknowledgment that DASP is even aware of the issue.

3. Strange. Very shortly after my last post, the server came back up. I can now see 21, 25, 80, and 443 open on the server. I also received a response from tech support telling me to check my internet connection and routing. :-/ I can ping the server just fine, even when it's down. The IIS services are what stop. I know it's not me because we have customers calling to inform us every single time the site goes down.

4. mjp

mjp

When your site stops or hangs or is otherwise unavailable it does not necessarily mean the the server is having a problem. The problem could be related to your application pool. Next time you are experiencing a problem with your site try recycling the application pool in Control Panel.

If the server was down completely you would see two things; a post from us in the outages forum, and about a dozen other posts from users on the server. A complete server outage causes an immediate and substantial reaction from users on the server.