Webmail and control panel

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by shapper, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Hello,

I have 2 sugestions:
    1. Improve the webmail. I know many hosting services which has really good webmail including ones which the web mail looks very similar to outlook interface. Anyway, i think discountasp.net webmail could improve a lot. Any plans for that and ETA?

2. Improve the control panel.
    a) Integrated the control panel to manage many accounts
    b) Put the contact form inside the control panel.
    Having it popup and needing to insert my data everytime is really bad.

What do you think about it?

Thanks,
    Miguel

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Miguel

1) We evaluated many different webmail and probably looked at the ones you are referring to. What we found was that most these applications are very pretty but are fairly poorly written. Most of them are very bloated and very difficult to scale for large scale environment.

In fact, though our webmail is not as pretty as some others, it offer almost the same feature set.

We are constantly re-evaluating our product. We will replace this as soon as we find a better one.

2)

a) We have this in the pipeline. You should see this sometime in the near future.
    b) Hmm.. we moved this to be pop up because some customer complain that the textbox is too small when the page is embedded in the CP (Which is true!!!)

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hello,

About the contact text box it's not working in Firefox. It is really small. I allready mentioned this bug before.

About integrating it in the control panel you have enough space there and it would be good because it would be possible to set the initial values...or at least you could send the email and the name of the account contact information to the pop up.

It's not very nice to have to write my email twice and my name everytime i am sending a message.

Cheers,
    Miguel