Webmail on PDA/mobile device?

Discussion in 'Email' started by geosync, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I can't see a message list when I login to webmail on my handheld (PocketPC).

I don't want to sync to this device; I just want to see the messages that sit in my email box (they're there; I can see them via my laptop.)

Is there a different URL to use for PDA access to email?

2. mjp

mjp

There is not an alternate URL. What do you see on the PDA?

3. The PDA displays a toolbar much like the one seen on my laptop. There's a blue toolbar across the top with graphic buttons running horizontally. Their names are somewhat truncated:
    Email Collabora Workspa Repo Setiin

Right justified below the buttons, reads SmarterMail Enterprise 5.5.

Right justified below that is my username and link buttons labeled Reminders ! Logout ! Help

Below this is white space equivalent in height to the toolbar.

When I click Email, the page refreshes, but no meesages appear.

Below the white space is a thin blue bar of the same width as the toolbar.

That's all of it.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I don't believe there's another mobi web interface for SmarterMail.

5. Maybe there are browser compatibility elements to consider. But I've tried checking mail from the browser on my PocktPC and from the browser on a Blackberry. Same display problem (no messages).

Are there people out there using Smarter webmail successfully? What browser(s) or devices do you use?

Thank you
    Rick

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.