What happened 12/9/2009 at 8:55 PM Central time?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by DKAllen, Dec 9, 2009.

1. I got a message while working with my control panel, saying the site was unavailable for maintenance. But it was back up by 9:06PM. Was this unplanned?

2. mjp

mjp

Nothing happened with Control Panel last night. We updated the helpdesk at that time.

3. Change Management notification

Thanks for the info.

If you plan to update something that may cause an interruption in service, would you post a message on outages in advance?

If an unexpected outage occurs, would you likewise post a message as soon as practical afterwards?

I know what the smaller maintenance doesn't seem as important as a major all-out outage. But it would help us to know like "Oh, they will have it down for 20 minutes. I'll go wash clothes and come back later and try again."

Thanks

4. mjp

mjp

We do that, in the "Outages and maintenance" forum. We have not posted helpdesk upgrades there in the past, but we will in the future. Thanks.

You can also set up an RSS feed from the outages forum (or any other forum). See this thread for details. Not many people make use of that, but it's a pretty cool feature.