what happened to the great tech support?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Takeshi Eto, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We are reviewing the ticket and developing internal policies for customer care.

2. I sent an inquiry today for support because I was having problems with FTP. I was disappointed by the quality of the response I received. Though the response was very quick, it was very impersonal and the person responding didn't really seem to want to look into the problem at all... instead assuming I need to install Front Page extensions, when I don't even use Front page. The second response was simply that it worked for them so because of that, there is assumed to be no problem. I don't like this manner of handling support issues... if a customer has a problem, a good support person will try to figure out why. Not only did this support response lack thoroughness or care, it was very impersonal. In the past, support was very friendly and addressed me by my name. Now I am simply "Dear Customer".

Please don't tell me your great company/service is going to take on the traits of a large incompetent, impersonal corporation![xx(]

3. Just a note that Frontpage extensions are used for a lot of other things than Frontpage - they are the extensions that allow frontpage type connectivity for a program to transfer on a web server.

Pete Miller
    CEO natol UK