Where's the official post on the outage?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by solunarcom0, Jun 29, 2007.

1. On June 25th the emergency page stated...
    "We will be making a detailed forum post about the incident, and once that is up we will put a link to it on this page. "

It's been over a week since the attack shut down DiscountASP. It's been almost a week since the attack was mitigated.

I didn't leave for another provider as several others did. I chose to stay, but with the expection of improved communication and a service credit of some kind.

I've not seen anything of an official account of what measures DiscountASP has put into place to deal with these situations. Both from a customer-communication standpoint and a loss-of-revenue standpoint for the customers. Please don't refer me to the fine print of the signup agreement. Show me you care that I stayed while others left.

I have entrusted my online business revenues to you and I depend on you to communicate with me as a customer. But I have not heard anything official. The only email I've gotten throughout the entire ordeal was the original outage message dated June 22nd. The rest was vague (emergency page) or learned from searching forums. That's not a very elegant way to learn more about something this critical.

Did I miss an email? Has anything at all been stated from a corporate level customer-wide?

Joe Payne
    Solunar Services

2. mjp

mjp

There is a detailed post here: http://community.discountasp.net/default.aspx?f=15&m=18352

You will see another wrap up post as wellin the forum today, and we may also send a mass email, but that has not yet been decided.

mjp

DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service

3. mjp

mjp

4. Thank you for the information.

Forum category: Other

Forum section: Open Discussion - Chit Chat

Not exactly the first place I would look for details surrounding a major outage and disruption to my online business. The great detail is much appreciated, but useless to your customers when it's buried in "Other - Chit Chat".

Hopefully the remaining information will be more obvious. DiscountASP has a perfectly good news frontend on the control panel used by every customer. All I see on it now is advertising.

All of this should be linked there. You wonder why some people complain about poor communication - that's what people are talking about. Information critical to our business decisions needs to put somewhere obvious to us, not obvious to staff.

No data attack is easy, and quite often taken personally by the victim. As a customer, I'll stick around for a while because I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. But understand that communication is important to me. If I needed something unique to me, sure I should search for it first. But customer-wide communication needs a much visible home that "Other Chit-Chat".

Good luck.

Joe Payne
    Solunar Services