Why in the world would you allow us to skip the subject.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by dba123, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Why in the world would you allow us to skip the subject. That is so useless. It puts (No Subject) in the subject if you leave it blank. That is useless when people are looking through the forum threads, who wants to sit there and open up the post to see what each post is about if any users have that in the subject. The whole reason to have a subject in a forum, blog, IT or Customer service ticketing system is to be able to see a subject in a nice list.

So why in the world do that, change it is what I'm saying to make it a required field!!! A database should not have useless information in key fields like this. Hypothetically speaking, what if I wanted to search the threads, and the subjects all had (No Subject), would you want this in your database? I wouldn't, that's a piece of wasted information.

Post Edited By Moderator (Joel Thoms) : 9/7/2006 11:40:21 PM GMT

2. expresso, when I click on your username for the profile it shows this:

Unavailable

Interests :
    Unavailable

...Don'tthose incomplete fields follow the same thinking? [​IMG]

(Don't go nuts...I'm just having some good ol'fun here.)

3. Don't insult my intelligence. You know just as much as I as those are not required fields. They are not critical information but Subject is.

Whatever, it's your******* database.

Post Edited By Moderator (mjp) : 9/7/2006 5:53:40 PM GMT

4. mjp

mjp

expresso, I wouldn't disagree with you when you say that the subject should be a required field, but we didn't write the forum software.

Go easy on the language, this is supposed to be a friendly joint.

mjp
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://DiscountASP.NET

5. Sorry, you're right. I road my bike to work at 6am this morning so I'm a little grumpy...no excuses for my language.

6. usually when i find posts with no subjects, i'll modify it and create a subject.

Joel Thoms
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

7. As long as you're not writing the forum software, can I suggest using 'Submit' instead of 'SUBMIT'

Much Love, Ed

edified.org

8. mjp

mjp