www.ajmwebdesigner.com

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by ajmurray, May 2, 2006.

1. If you have the time, could you please review my website. It has been up since October and I never thought to ask for feedback.--andrea

Please comment on the following if you are able to:

<UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0in" type=disc>
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">Functionality </o:p>[/list]
    The site contains all desired information. </o:p>
    The site includes all desired methods of contact or interaction.</o:p>
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">Navigation </o:p>[/list]
    Site navigation is easily understood. </o:p>
    All site areas can be reached with a minimum number of mouse clicks</o:p>
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">Consistency </o:p>[/list]
    All of the site's content is consistent with the client's message. </o:p>
    All of the site's design and graphic elements are consistent with the desired style for the site.</o:p>
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">Accuracy </o:p>[/list]
    Each link on every site page has been tested. </o:p>
    Each programming element on the site has been tested for all anticipated user responses. </o:p>
    All site elements have been checked for errors in spelling and grammar.</o:p>
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">Speed </o:p>[/list]
    Each site page loads within the desired amount of time. </o:p>
    All graphic elements have been optimized to load as quickly as possible.</o:p>
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">Appearance </o:p>[/list]
    The site's overall design is appropriate and appealing. </o:p>
    All graphic elements are as attractive as possible for loading within the desired amount of time

Post Edited By Moderator (Joel Thoms) : 11/9/2006 10:29:46 PM GMT

2. Functionality

Why require me to sign up to view the forum?

It's pretty and simple enough but it looks like of pointless if it's not indexed by google- who will ever find it?

I think the site is best served by only requiring registration to post. Also there's already lots of very popular forums for designers. I suggest you come up with something unique and wonderful (beside not caring about spelling) that your site serves.

Sorry, I definitely strayed from your rubric but I hope it helps.

Ed Palma - edified.org

3. mjp

mjp

I would have to agree with that. I think you'll be hard pressed to get a substantial number of users if they can't "try before they buy," so to speak. I would never join a forum "blind," not knowing what's inside.

Forums are tough enough to get rolling even when they are wide open. I think you're making it especially difficult on yourself going this route.

mjp
    DiscountASP.NET
    <SUB><SUP>http://DiscountASP.NET

4. Thanks for the feedback. The site has actually changed since my original post. Before, there was no message board. I created the message board as a means to strengthen my asp. But you are right, the site should be coded so that users get to browse the messages without having to login. The site is a work in progress and may change. In fact, I may be changing the domain name as it will not serve as a web designer site. Who knows, the possibliites are endless as long as no one else is doing it...Right?

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Do you have a website? I will love to see it!

Andrea