www.uglydogdesigns.com

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by mcguiredesi, Feb 4, 2008.

1. All,

I am looking at going online soon and am looking for all the feedback that I can get. All and any comments or suggestions are welcome. The banner is going to change. Working on a final draft of my logo...www.uglydogdesigns.com/about.asp

I am also very new to SEO. I have read a TON of online articles on how to do this, but feel that I am getting nowhere. Help on this would be great as well.

Thanks for the time.

Craig

2. Jmeeks

Jmeeks DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hi Craig,

I might be able to provide you a little help on the SEO side. Looking at online resources is a good place to start, but keep in mind that SEO isn't an exact science, so there are some tested and accepted techniques, there are tested techniques that are against the policies of the search engines, and then there are techniques that are just wild speculation based on one site and what may or may not have made the site lose/gain search ranking.

I have a few sites that I always go with when having to research SEO:

searchenginewatch.com/
    searchengineland.com/
    www.webmasterworld.com/

These sites will give you a good starting point for techniques that are tested and accepted as good practice.

At SearchEngineWatch specifically they recently put up an article on an introduction to SEO Best Practices.
    searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3624568

As someone who does SEO I can say that this article is a great starting point for getting a good understanding of what to do with SEO.

John

DiscountASP.NET

3. Your logos look great. The first one with the bag is the best. I also like the simplicity and straight to the point design of your site. A portfolio page would help. - Jason

4. Not a big fan of the gray background. Maybe light brown or some kind of light tan. But other then that it looks clean.

rcp
    DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Nice doglog with the bag ... I also love the paw of the dog icon...
    If I were designer I'd spent more time getting the 'dog' theme more consistent implemented.

Just here to learn and enjoy!
    www.reddingssloep.nl

6. John,
    thanx for the poitner to the SEO stuff... I can use some...

Paul

Just here to learn and enjoy!
    www.reddingssloep.nl

7. Site looks good. I just had to comment on your logo. It's very funny. LOL.