ASPRunnerPro - Web Application Tool?

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by moganowski, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Is anyone who is using ASPRunnerPro, publishing their application to a folder and used the Web Application Tool provided by DiscountASP? If so, have there been any issues, and did it affect performance.

My ASPRunnerPro application runs so slow on DiscountASP, that it is barely useable.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

what is the url? let me test it from my computer.

3. Bruce

I tested your app and didn't find it to be very slow. Took about 2 seconds to register and update record.

To improve speed, i recommend you consider moving your site to an IIS 7.0 server.

4. mjp

mjp

You can start the update to IIS 7 here.

You should test your application locally under IIS 7 before you migrate, just so you can see if any adjustments will need to be made.

5. Do you see any reason to use the Web Application Tool

We have seen that form take 90 seconds to process, during afternoon hours. What are the benchmarks for improved speed on IIS7, and do you see a reason to Apply the Web Applicatio tool to the app folder?

6. Bruce

i think you may be seeing some network latency. i tested your site a few times and never experience that kind of latency.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.