Can't delete folders created by WebDeploy

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by dcsoft, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Hello, I use VS 2013 WebDeploy to deploy several websites on my account, in subfolders off root, e.g. /Site1, /Site2, etc. I can't ftp in and delete the folders /Site1, /Site2, etc. I get access denied. I think it's because WebDeploy sets ACL's. How do I delete these?

Thanks,
    David

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. I will, but it would be expected to have access to these folders without a support ticket.

4. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Go to your control panel's Web Application Tool and make sure that these folders you're trying to delete are not marked as web application starting points. If they are you will have trouble deleting them. So in this case click on the folder and then click on the button Remove Application. Then try to delete these folders. If that still doesn't work try recycling the application pool through the control panel's IIS Tools

mjp likes this.
  5. Thanks so much Martino, I had forgotten about the Web Application Tool. Removing the application let me delete the folder without any error. Thanks!

martino and mjp like this.
  6. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Ah ha! I knew it! Glad to see that you have resolve your issue! :)

7. I also have the same issue and I also take a help of this mentioned site. really this is very interesting. thanks for sharing.