Changing the domain

Discussion in 'Domain names / DNS' started by expo, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I already have X.com on dAsp and from register.com.
    Now I have another domain (Y.com) from register.com.
    I want the main domain to be Y.com instead of X.com because I need to create my email on it ([email protected])
    Already input the NS on register.com for Y.com. (1 week ago)
    What settings should I change on dAsp to make Y.com as the main domain and make X.com as a pointer???

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. This is similar to expos problem and I have submitted a trouble ticket but have not yet gotten a response.

We have a very complicated DNS series of issues to solve. We opened an account and have developed a site for our customer at DASP under a temporary domain for company.com. The client wants the primary domain to be acompany.com and the pointer to be company.com. Company.com is currently hosted with another provider. The company has a total of 33 domains they have purchased either for product defense or marketing purposes. Some of these will be directed to specific pages in their site not available from visible navigation but most will resolve to the site root.

Who can I contact at DASP to switch the primary domain from company.com to acompany.com? DNS pointing is with two other ISPs.

4. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

You have to open a support ticket if you want to change your domain name. Our support staff will provide you with all the information you're going to need to change the domain name of the hosting account and then add the other as a domain pointer.