classroombookings installation

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Ian Ormesher, Jul 12, 2014.

1. I am trying to install the classroombookings system ( http://www.classroombookings.com/ ) onto my website. It's a package that uses MySQL and PHP. I've downloaded the package onto my PC, changed the config files as detailed on their website, created a web.config in the subfolder on my website, setup the MySQL database, and then uploaded it all via FTP into its own subfolder. But when I try and access the index.php file from the web, it comes back with a 404 error. If I try and access the license.txt file that is in the same subfolder I can clearly see that file. Is there some other configuration that I need to do? I've setup ASP.NET websites before, but neve PHP ones.

Hoping someone can help me,
    Ian

2. I've actually discovered how to fix this particular error. For anyone else who gets this far, this is what I had to do:

Edit the /classroombookings/system/applications/config/config.php file and change the following line:

$config['uri_protocol'] = 'PATH_INFO';

The default version is set to 'auto' and this doesn't seem to work with IIS.

I now get a database error, but that's a different problem :)

mjp likes this.
  3. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Cool! Thank you for posting what worked for you.

For the MySQL database. Maybe you need to import it using MySQL Workbench?

From what you stated it seems you uploaded the MySQL database file into a subdirectory on the site account? That won't work since the MySQL database can't grab the file like MS SQL database on our hosting environment. What is the error you're getting if you don't mind me asking?

4. Hi Martino,

The MySQL error turned out to be an incorrect setting for the database name. Once I had corrected this everything eventually worked fine.

There is an SQL script in the home directory of the application so I figured (as you suggested) that I should try and run this against my MySQL database. I downloaded HeidiSQL to enable me to do this and ran the script against the database. That successfully created all the tables the application needed. However, the installation script wouldn't then work because it was looking for an empty database! So I dropped all the tables and everything installed correctly.

I learnt a lot through this experience and it has given me confidence to look for other PHP/MySQL based applications that I can install and use :)

Ian

5. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Very cool. Thank you for the update and what you needed to do to resolve your issue.