Clueless newbie. Need help giving access to 3rd party

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by asantos, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    I had someone develop a program/site for me and they hosted it here. They handled everything. The site is now not functioning because it ties into another 3rd party system and i need to send someone else in to fix it.

How do i give them access to the files in my hosting account without giving them my own login details?

Thanks

2. And i just wanted to add, i did go to user/quota manager and set up a new "active user". I then went to permission manager, selected the /root folder as i assumed that would give access to everything else and gave read permission for the new account.

With the new user account, i assume they can access the files through the DASP site or FTP?

What am i doing wrong with regards to giving someone else access?

3. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

They should be able to access the files using FTP now.

4. When i log in using the new user account, no files show up. It is showing that the read permission is granted for all the folders, so i am not sure where i am going wrong.

I've sent this link to the guy who is suppose to be accessing the files so hopefully he will work it out and get in:

http://support.discountasp.net/KB/a305/how-do-i-create-an-additional-ftp-user.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  5. Looks like the other person is having the same results as me and is unable to see anything in the folders.

Where am i going wrong, or is there some kind of glitch here? I'm attaching a screenshot of the permission page and the account i set up was fixsite. The permissions are the same for the sub-folders.

BTW, should that anonymous account be there? Or should i have that deleted?

Attached Files:

6. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

What's the domain name of the account in question? You can send me a private message if you'd like if you do not want to disclose the details so I can check on it. If you're on Windows 2003 / IIS6, I think you need to specify the remote directory which will be /fixsite.

mjp likes this.