Connection reset by peer

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by webber4, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hello all, and i hope i can get some help...

I am currently having an issue with my site: www.activenquiry.info

From many locations including internally I have no issues what so ever with logining into the site

for some reason from work, I cannot login.

I can see the login page, but when i click on submit, the page processes for approx 2min, then this error shows:

Unable to display page

It has not been possible to display the page you requested for the following reason:
    Read Error. An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. The system returned:
    (104) Connection reset by peer
    . Please retry your request.
    Contact your system administrator if you continue to experience difficulties.

windows 7 box, iis7, classic ASP format

bit of history, i recently had this site on a 2003SBS server with iis6, and it worked perfectly fine from my work location. since moving it over to the new system (because the old one died), i have not been able to access it from work, i am assuming its something in iis7 config, but cannot see anything that would do it

If anyone can please help me out that would be great!

If you need to know any settings, please ask

Thanks in advance

webber

2. (104) Connection reset by peer

Hi all and thanks in advance for your help

Last week I had an old 2003SBS ii6 server die, and I have currently moved the site to a Windows 7 iis7 machine, while the other is getting rebuilt.

The problem I am currently having is that from 1 location (throughout my work, multi external IPs) i can access the login page of the site (www.activenquiry.info), but once I log in, for approx 2min it thinks and then gives this error:

Unable to display page

It has not been possible to display the page you requested for the following reason:
    Read Error. An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. The system returned:
    (104) Connection reset by peer
    . Please retry your request.
    Contact your system administrator if you continue to experience difficulties.

This is very strange if it happened everywhere, other locations have no issues, can login very simply, even locally and via phone.

If anyone can please help with this issue that would be fantastic

if you require a login to test or need some settings, please just ask.

Thanks

Graeme