Email on Verizon Droid 2

Discussion in 'Email' started by ChiAlchemy101, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Has anyone successfully set up email on the Verizon Droid 2? I can't seem to get it quite right. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Yes. I'm using one and getting requests on how to set this up but I'm still trying to record a Webcast for it. I did post the steps I took in another thread here.

What's not working for you?

3. Thanks for your quick response. I've run through the setup several times - double-checked the ports with discountasp.net and it's just not able to connect. I've tried the Pop3 as well as the IMAP with secure connection checked and unchecked.

It does seem to randomly send but I cannot ever recieve.

I've set this up on two other phones - an env and a blackberry in the past so I know it's not the account.

Any other ideas? Thanks again. :)

4. This seems to be finally working with the following combination:

incoming:
    server: imap.xxx.net
    port: 143
    secure connection and verify certificate are NOT checked

outgoing:
    server: smtp.xxx.net
    port: 587
    secure connection and verify certificate are NOT checked

5. mjp

mjp

Thanks for posting the follow-up.

6. ...Good job. If you have port trouble, I do at times, just shut it off and then re-boot.
    For some reason mine looses connections even if it's sitting right in front of the router.
    When it does 3G also fails.
    Turning it off and back on fixes it each time.

7. So the above settings work - kind of. I can still not get the pop to work and imap does not refresh from the server most of the time unless I manually go in and uncheck and recheck the Data push checkbox.

Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also, Is there an email client app for the Droid that works better (that doesn't require access to my contacts)?

8. On mine I'm having no trouble with pop3 if I use port 110.
    I'm using your same port on outgoing, 587.

I haven't used IMAP on it but the Twitter and Facebook servers both work fine.
    Don't know of any other Email apps but the default one works fine for me.
    I'm also able to FTP to and from DASP servers with the free AndFTP.

9. I have the exact same problem with Droid X. Called verizon several times but they had no clue.
    I found a free app call K-9 Mail that does the job. The only problem, or something I haven't figured how to set up, is that I have to manually do a check mail.

10. "NoBullMan", did you ever figure out the set up for K9 email client?

11. I am having the same problem.....did you ever get it worked out? I can send but not receive??? Verizon couldnt help, Motorola couldn't help and Discount cant help...

12. DROID 2 email

I have gone through/ spoke with Verizon, Motorola, and Discount for days...nothing seems to be working...i can send but not receive. Has anyone figured it out yet??

13. Did you follow my other post with step-by-step notes?
    If so and it's still not working I'll try and record a video for it.