IIS8

Discussion in 'Control Panel API' started by gary seastrunk, Aug 31, 2013.

1. I recently migrated a site to IIS8. I have a scheduled task that browses a password protected aspx that does some ControlPanelAPI SQL backups - and sends some system emails to users of the system based on some data analysis - as well as backup verification emails indicating that everything ran ok.

Since the move to IIS8 - this has all stopped.
    In the control panel - under scheduled tasks - the last html code returned was a 302.

The first thing that used to happen in this process is the database backup. I've since switched some things around so that the mails get sent first - just to make sure that there not some smtp mail methods haven't changed.

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Our scheduled task tool only does a HTTP call to a page. That being said you need to make sure you program the page to do everything you wish to complete by simply hitting it with a HTTP call.

Also, make sure that the page doesn't contain any type of redirects. The fact that the HTML code returned a 302 means there is a redirect on the page. In this case the scheduled task will not work correctly because it can't redirect. So in this case program your page with out any redirects.

mjp likes this.
  3. Hmm... the code would only redirect if the user is not the robot user I set up to run the process in the first place. This is a good hint. And now the answer is clear. The machinename\robotaccount has changed since I migrated the site I am sure. Thank you for your prompt response sir.

mjp likes this.