IronSpeed Deployment

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by fitzy, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Hi

I'm getting the following error after setting up my ironspeed project (see below). The ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll is in the application /bin folder.

Am I missing something obvious?

Regards
    F

Server Error in '/xxxxx' Application.
    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %> Line 2: <%@ Register Tagprefix="Selectors" Namespace="xxxxx" %> Line 3:

Source File: /xxxxx/Shared/ThemeButton.ascx Line: 1

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

2. Joseph Jun

Joseph Jun DiscountASP.NET Staff

You're running into a problem because the AjaxControlToolkit.dll is not available in the server's GAC.

What you'll want to do is copy the AjaxControlToolkit.dll file directly into your application's bin directory that should resolve the problem.

3. Hi

the file is in the applications /bin folder.

I've been in contact with the IronSpeed (ISD) forum and they have said I need to have my site in a virtual directory.

When the site was created it had:

+ root
    + _database
    + bin

I used FileZilla (ftp) to copy my site directly under the "root" folder. However, I didn't ask your support staff to 'create' any virtual directory.

I assume that my current site "clubsure" which is now a new folder under root is NOT classed as a virtual directory.

Can you confirm if my clubsure folder is a virtual directory .. I assume not.

If not, could you please create one for me.

Regards
    F

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I think they meant the directory has to be an IIS application.

Simply goto the application manager in the control panel and mark clubsure as an application root.

5. Hi Bruce

Can the start page "index.aspx" be anywhere on the site?

If I set the web application to a subfolder, does that mean the higher folders cannot be referenced by IIS?

As you can tell, this is my first deployment.

Thanks for your help.
    Steve

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

steve.. i am not really sure i understand your question. can you elaborate?

7. In Ironspeed (ISD), you need to place all your web pages in subfolder's ... not the root folder.

You indicate via ISD which is the start page and it works fine (on development). In my case it ../General/Index.aspx.

When I deply to discountasp.net (DAP), I have browsing set, the web application is the root of the release files I transferred in and index.aspx is the default document.

The last error I was getting when accessing my pages was like it couldn't see other folders above ../General ... like my ../bin folder or even my webconfig file.

In DAP does my index.aspx page need to be in the root folder?

Does my web.config page need to be in the same folder as the start page?

I hope that makes sense.

Regards
    F

8. ...You can put a duplicate web.config in the root and the top sub-folder.
    You can also put a minimal web.config in the root and your main web.config in the top sub.
    (There are some good things coming soon in asp.net v4 with minimal web.configs.)
    As for your root default page, you may want to have one in the root and another for the site sub-folder. They should be different, the one in the root will take care of redirecting to the one for the site. That's a common practice for many of the asp.net blogers. ;-)
    All the best,
    Mark

9. Thanks Mark.

I will try that redirection tip.

Regards
    F

10. Wow ... it worked !

I've been chipping away at this for days !!

1. Setup default.aspx to redirect to /General/index.aspx.
    2. Set web app at top level.
    3. Set default document to default.aspx in IIS settings.

Thanks again
    F

Trap for young players !!