Load operation failed for query 'GetUser' or 'Login'

Discussion in 'Silverlight' started by LouisLouis, Apr 19, 2010.

1. On my local comupter everything is working but when I Publish it's show this message :

Load operation failed for query 'GetUser'

I use Visual Studio 2010, .net framework 4.0 with Silverlight 4.0 and it's a Business Application.

Do I have something to configure on IIS?

Thank you for all.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

There's really not enough information you provided that will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Can you give us more details?

3. More information

Well,

It's running nice on my own computer and the connection string is using my SQL server 2008 at discountasp.net (with all tables for the membership and so on).

When I publish it, I got this error. See http://www.mesespacesclos.com/BusinessApplicationTestTestPage.aspx

I check the Authentication with the IIS 7 Manager. It's seem ok. I see a lot of post on the net about this but nothing work for me.

Some one have a little bit idea?

Thank you everyone.

4. Thanks Mark for your link, but it's not the same problem. My error is Load operation failed for query 'GetUser'. The remote server returned an error: NoFound. (not SQL Server not found).

In use the LocalSqlServer connection string to point to my SQL Server 2008 at discountasp.net. It's seem related to the environnement of my web because I use the same database (at discountasp.net) on my own computer...

I double check my IIS 7 configuration and it's ok.

Just one thing it's dont the the System.Web.Ria in the Refences in my web project. I think it's rename for System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.

In Visual Studio 2010, I can my Services (AuthenticationService.cs and UserRegistrationService.cs) but not on my website (using FileZilla). It's normal? So I cannot test my services!

I installed Fiddler and I see this error :

Exception Details: </b>System.InvalidOperationException: IIS specified authentication schemes 'Basic, Anonymous', but the binding only supports specification of exactly one authentication scheme. Valid authentication schemes are Digest, Negotiate, NTLM, Basic, or Anonymous. Change the IIS settings so that only a single authentication scheme is used

It's seem in fact related to IIS...

Any idea?

5. It's working after hours and hours of debuging!

If it's can help to someone else and save lot of hours of debuging!

1) I install the IIS 7 Manager and I click on the Authentication icone.
    2) I disabled "Basic Authentication".
    3) It's working !!!

I hope no side effect on something else...

6. yes -- same here; resolved two errors for us

7. Hi,
    Glad it's working. ;-)
    The IIS7 Auth for folders was the part I was referring to, in that article there seemed to be two problems but I think the GetUser method and solution were related to IIS7 folder Auth. Seemed to be anyway.

As for basicAuthentication, when you change that setting with the IIS7 Manager it makes a change to your root web.config and adds this section:
    <system.webServer>
    <security>
    <authentication>
    <basicAuthentication enabled="false" />
    </authentication>
    </security>
    </system.webServer>

There's a drill-down for this on the IIS site:
    http://www.iis.net/ConfigReference/system.webServer/security/authentication/basicAuthentication

Note: Read that article, it's very interesting and informative.
    All the best,
    Mark

PS - Try to make sure and use that Web.config backup tool DASP added to IIS7.
    http://brizzly.com/pic/24ZJ

8. Bruce

We will be creating some KB articles targeting these errors.

9. I had the exact same problem disabling basic authentication worked for me as well thanks.

10. I created a virtual dir and had the same problem. Disabling Basic Auth fixed it. But then I created another virtual dir and I'm having the problem again on the new virtual dir "Load operation failed on query GetUser". Went back and checked the settings, they both have Basic Auth disabled but one works and one doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks.

11. Bruce

install fiddler and you'll see the exact error. if you still can't resolve it, post the error.

12. I also am getting this error. I have disabled Basic Authentication as suggested in some of the replies but this has not solved my problem. Is there anything else that I can try? Thanks.

13. Is SL 4 Backward Compatible to SL3.5?

Question:
    Does the DASP server need to be set to SL4 using IS tools->Asp.Net version

Is SL 4 Backward Compatible to SL3.5?

Pat NH USA

14. mjp

mjp

The .NET version and the Silverlight version are separate entities, so it shouldn't be necessary to switch the .NET version to 4.

15. GetUser error

Hi,

I am getting this same error, even though I have disabled basic auth using ISS Manager.

Has anyone else resolved this?

Thanks,
    Richard

btw, I have the four required DLL's in the bin folder:

System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.EntityFramework
    System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting
    System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server
    System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

16. Solved

I solved this using Fiddler, which showed yet another RiA missing DLL.

This one is new on me, but this file was not in the BIN folder:

System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.OData

Adding this solved the "GetUser" error. :)

17. Hi
    I used wisemx's solution a few months ago to get our app working on discountasp servers. Great. Now I want to get the app working on a local copy of IIS. It works on the VS Development Web Server (Cassini I think), but I have the same errors as before when I try to run the app on IIS installed on the development machine.
    I'm using Silverlight 4, (Business Application template), .Net 4, SQL Server 2008 R2.
    I get "Load operation failed for query 'GetUser'. The remote server returned an error: NotFound.". Skipping past that one, I then get "System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.DomainOperationException: Load operation failed for query 'GetWorkingDays'. The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ......"

I've tried all sorts of settings, but as there are so many layers to these solutions, I don't know where to look next.

Any pointers?

18. Fiddler fiddler fiddler. When doing silverlight - using it is an absolute must.