Minor problem with Classified Ads Starter Kit

Discussion in 'ASP.NET Starter Kits' started by pdfpublisher, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Hello to all,

I've had a previous account with discountasp.net and closed it because I could not get the classified ads starter kit to work properly. Since that time, I've been able to find help solving problems with this application from members on this Forum. I now have one small problem related to the query function in the search for ads page. When I enter a phrase in the search box, I'm redirected to the error.aspx file. My question: Where in the code should I start my investigation for the cause of this problem?

In my web.config file, I've set debugging to true and started debugging. The results shows no errors but I get two warnings, "Errors occurred while compiling the Xml schemas in the project. Because of this, Xml intellisense is not available. Classifieds1/App_Code/DAL/Ads.xsd".
    My question: Is this warning something I should be concerned about?

A member has been kind enough to help me with installing the Classified Ads Starter Kit and did setup a manage members file in the site admin folder. Some how that file was deleted by accident. Does anyone have a sample I can use to reinstall the manage members files?

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

disable custom error in your web.config

set CustomError='Off'

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Thanks Bruce. It fixed the problem.

Could you kindly comment on this code in my web.config file. I have an aspx form I want to allow visitors to fill in and submit the form back to me. Is this code correct?

<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp>

<network host="localhost" port="25"/>

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net>

Thanks

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff