Please use your Twitter, FaceBook, etc. accounts for global outages

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by dcsoft, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Hello, during the planned global outage this Monday evening, you did not update your Twitter and FaceBook pages regarding the outage, and the forums were not available. Many of us had not heard about this planned global outage so we looked to those advertised places for news and saw none.

In the future could you please utilize those accounts to keep us informed? We had no idea what was happening, and now to find out it was preplanned and we hadn't heard about it is pretty bad.

Thanks,
    David

2. mjp

mjp

David, you're right. I was sure we posted on Facebook in advance, but I don't see anything there now so it looks like I am mistaken about that. We should have had something up there. We did post in advance on Google+, but in our experience advance notice on Twitter is not effective. I intended to monitor Twitter during the outage, but I was sick yesterday, so to tell you the honest truth, I slept through the router upgrade.

The main thing though, in addition to posting in advance here on the forum and on G+, we also sent an email to every user about the outage last week. That's the most direct method we have of communicating with you, and it's still the most effective, so and email went out.

Sorry I wasn't on Twitter though. Mea culpa. But in my defense I was on a lot of drugs, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea for me to be there even if I hadn't been asleep...

3. Thanks mjp. I missed the e-mails but they are indeed welcome. Thanks for hearing! :)