Problem connecting classic asp to SQLserver 2008 express via IIS7 on win7 64bit

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by alextf, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Problem connecting a classic asp project to SQLserver 2008 express with this query strings:

conn = "Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Database= database; Trusted_Connection=yes"
    conn = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=database;UserID=sa;Password=123"
    conn = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Initial Catalog= database;Integrated Security=True;Network Library =dbmssocn"
    conn = "Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=database;Data Source=(local);"
    SQL Server: Authentication: SQL Server and windows authentication mode
    I’m using IIS7 in a win 64bit
    Do I need a DB user and password in sql DB and querystring? is the iis7? win7 64bit?

Thanks

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

The obvious things you would want to double check is if the server instance is running and that port 1433 is not blocked. Since, you seem to be able to connect using the VB.NET connection string, I would rule that out. Make sure the Database= section is actually the name of a database attached to the server instance. You shouldn't need to specify a DB user and password in the connection string, however, you will want to make sure the server instance login is mapped to a database user.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.