Set up DASP email on Droid X

Discussion in 'Email' started by NoBullMan, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I have been trying to set up my DASP email on Droid X (by Verizon) with no success. I have contacted them but they couldn't figure out why I was not receiving emails. Has anyone here set up an email account on Droid X? My Verizon email account works fine and I get emails no problem. But with DASP's account I keep getting "cannot connect to server". I use the same settings as in my Outlook.
    Thanks.

2. You tried my settings in the default Email app?
    They work fine on my Verizon Droid.

3. Thanks wisemx.
    I had tried this over and over and it always failed. That's why I posted the message, but I did it before searching the forum for similar issues. After posting, I searched and found some of your posts and it is working fine (for now). I must mention that I just upgraded my droid to 2.2 Froyo. Not sure if this something to do with it.
    Thanks for your input.

4. Updating to 2.2 Froyo does not affect your mail settings for the native email app on your Droid.

As a Droid user, I was able to set up my Discountasp.net email when I was on 2.1.

5. Same as Billy I got mine working with Gmail and SmarterMail then I upgraded my Droid to Froyo and it didn't affect anything. My Droid automatically receives Gmail and SmarterMail.
    At times the 3G will stop responding when I have it in the desktop cradle but all I do is shut it off and it then reboots itself if it is still in the cradle, then 3G is working again.
    Same for my Linksys router wireless.
    For that I'm using a 2.4G and in the Droid I connect with WPA/WPA2 PSK security.

I'm not sure how else I can help other than hands-on but I'm trying. ;-)

6. I knew it was too good to be true! It is still not working. It keeps saying "Unable to connet to <domain name>" when I try to retrieve emails.
    My settings are exactly like I have them on Outlook. User ID and password are correct, incoming is pop3.domain_name.com, outgoing is smtp.domain_name.com, incoming port is 110, outgoing port is 587. "Use Secure Connection" and "Verify Certificate" are unchecked.

It seems I can send email but when I try to receive, I get the error message. I turned it off and on again, but same thing.

you mentioned setting up SmarterMail. How do you set that up? Is it different than setting up a regular email account?

7. Thanks for letting us know.

8. this is EXACTLY what is happening with me.....did you fix it? If so will you please share....

9. mjp

mjp

I think he already posted the solution...

10. Droid and smartermail

:)
    I was able to connect.
    Use IMAP.domainname.com
    port 143
    for username use full email address [email protected]

Hope this is helpful
    Ken