SQL Server 2000 Databases

Discussion in 'Databases' started by DavePo, Oct 23, 2014.

1. How long could that take? Does it mean waiting for a shipment? Are they close enough for courier? Did they close at 5:00?

2. Are you going to e-mail the affected users when the databases are available for restore? I find having to check these forums each day inconvenient. I have not received a single e-mail from discount ASP since this all started and I would have thought that would be the primary means of communication.

3. mjp

mjp

They are, please see my latest update in the other thread.
    Yes. But when the servers go back up they are going up on the same hostnames and IPs, so your connections should start to work immediately. But for those who have been working with a new database, yes, we'll let everyone know when the servers are back up.
    We sent email on 10/23, the subject line is: Your DiscountASP.NET SQL 2000 database - yourdomain.

4. I don't have an e-mail from you that day unfortunately. My only communication from DiscountASP was from support when I opened a ticket late that night. Good to know about the databases going back up on the same hostnames because we are currently running with a backup that was restored to a different server.