Tedious maintainance schedule on web

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by hlvan000, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Is there any reason we are doing this maintainance schedule so often ?? I have been using DASP for a long time and the service level has been going down ever since we keep the maintainance schedule very tight.
    Also is there a way you can move this to the weekend ???? instead of on a business day ?
    my web site was recently affected by the sql outage which was only recovered 10 days ago, and we got hit with another 1 day of loss due to maintainance on the web server.
    My users are losing it and i am constantly under fire.

I am running this site out of asia, and your scheuld means we lose 1 business day here. 1 day out of 20 every month is simply annoying.

this is just unacceptable!

2. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

I understand the frustration but MSFT has been releasing a lot of Privileged Escalation fixes. Within a day of these releases, we start seeing hackers using publicly available tools to attempt to hack the server. We normally keep a monthly maintenance schedule but we will push up the schedule if there are any privilege escalation issue.

With that said, you might want to consider moving your site to our cloud platform, http://www.everleap.com. With the cloud system, maintenance will not take down your site.

3. mjp

mjp

The maintenance window is scheduled at the time that traffic on our network is at it's lowest, which is Wednesday evening. There is no "good time" to do maintenance, so we choose the least busy time.

This question comes up a lot, but you're a good example of why there is no "good time" for these things. Our American customers say to us, "Why don't you do these things things in the middle of the night?" but midnight here is the middle of the afternoon for you. So you can see that whenever we have to do maintenance on a server it's inconvenient for someone.