Visual Studio 2013 Input Controls format issues

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by Senor Engineer, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Hello, I'm converting an application from Visual Studio 2008 to 2013 on C#. When I try to use table, tr and tds, I see the controls overlap.

<table>
    <tr>
    <td>Label1<td>
    <td>testbox1<td>
    <td>Label2<td>
    <td>testbox2<td>
    <td>Label3<td>
    <td>testbox3<td>
    <tr>
    <table

I'm seeing weird format with above, I'm sure something to do with CSS it has (bootstrap.css and bootstrapmin.css), any idea or can you point me to some code where I can use the correct CSS for formatting better?

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

It looks like you're missing the slashes:

Code:
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td>Label1</td>
    <td>testbox1</td>
    <td>Label2</td>
    <td>testbox2</td>
    <td>Label3</td>
    <td>testbox3</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

3. Oh, no ... I'm talking about Responsive Design that BootStrap css has ... I figured it out to use col-md-8 for div tag (Visual Studio 2013 is acting different wit CSS, so I was trying to find what Div tags should I use to make it better.

4. mjp

mjp

All you have to do to make a table responsive in Bootstrap is add the .table-responsive class to your <table> tags:

<table class="table-responsive">​

They aren't responsive by default.

col-md-8 just defines how wide the div will be within the Bootstrap 12 part grid. For a table you'd probably want to use as much of the grid as possible.

martino and RayH like this.
  5. Thank you for the help sir, I appreciate it. Hoping that when I give table-responsive, automatically the tr's and td's under table umbrella are equally responsive as well. Very good hint. I'm new to Visual Studio 2013, so every I'm learning something new and I enjoy learning from you guys,