compile error asp.net 3.5

Discussion in 'Windows 2008/IIS 7 Beta [Closed]' started by omicrondemo, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi I've uploaded a working ASP.NET 3.5 page(s) to the iis7 beta hosting site, but I get a compilation error

Compiler Error Message: BC30041: Maximum number of errors has been exceeded.

My pages work locally using Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition, and I have had this working before.

One thing I notice is that the version information says this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1416; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1416

Surely it should be Version 3.5????

In which case it's not my code, but the server has the wrong version of ASP.NET on it.

Tushar

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

.NET 3.5 is the framework version, it still uses ASP.NET 2.0.

The IIS 7.0 beta has the .NET 3.5 framework (and all its assemblies) installed.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Yes, the new .NET versioning is a mess. Although .NET 3.5 uses .NET 2.0 as the base framework, it comes with new versions of the VB and C# compilers. If you expand the detailed compiler output when you get the error, you will see the version of the compiler being used. For C# it will say:

Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2008 Compiler Beta 2 version 3.05.20706.1
    for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 3.5

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. OK thanks that explains it.

Tushar /emoticons/cool.gif

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.