Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableBodySection'

Discussion in 'Windows 2008/IIS 7 Beta [Closed]' started by theshadow330, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have compiled an application using VS 2008 Beta 2 on Windows 2003 (it's the VPC image from MS). The application works fine locally. However, when I upload it, either by "publishing" to the beta server or by uploading the actual source and relying on dynamic compilation, I get the following error (see below).

Pages that do not have a GridView control on them work fine. I am doing no weird control creation at databinding - it simply databinds to a few fields.

Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks, Andrew

2. version is 2.0.50727.1378

3. Just curious, what is the file version of the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll on your development machine?

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. that's what i thought, but I still have issues.

i've taken to not using the ListView for the moment and things work fine.

5. Confirmed that this is a problem with .NET 3.5 Beta 2, and should be fixed for the final release. Although uploading just your source files, and not pre-compiled, should work.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.