DotNetNuke Web Install - Login failed

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by meritex, Jul 18, 2007.

1. I've used the same password and user id to logging via visual studio 2005 with success. I also used the same credentials and osql into the database with success. If the userid/pwd was not successfull, I would not be able to get pass the first two pages of the dotnetnuke setup process.
    When I get to the 'Configure Database Connection' and tried testing the connection, I get
    Connection Error(s):
    Index #: 0
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    Class: 14
    Number: 18456

As I mentioned before, I used the same password to logging remotely. I tried changing the password and updated my webconfig but to no avail.
    Here's an excerpt from the web config
    In the connection element
    <add
    name='SiteSqlServer'
    connectionString='Data Source=sql2k5**.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=SQL2005_*****_*****;User ID=SQL2005_****_****_user;Password=*****;'
    providerName='System.Data.SqlClient' />
    In the appsettings element
    <add key='SiteSqlServer' value='Server=sql2k5**.discountasp.net;Database=SQL2005_*****_*****;uid=SQL2005_****_****_user;pwd=*****;'/>

Post Edited (PaulM) : 7/18/2007 9:18:05 PM GMT

2. The only cause i could think of is an incorrect password.You web.config looks fine.Just reconfirm you password and make sure you are making any typo's.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. For those of you that's having the same issue, I created a ticket and they solved the problem in less than 2 hrs.
    Here's the last correspondent with tech support.

Dear Customer,

There was a misconfiguration on the server hosting your site. I have updated server configuration and your application should work fine now.

We apologize for all the inconvenience caused.

Frank