Dreamweaver MX aspx DB Connection

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by coinkydink, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Hi,

This is doing my head in. I'm trying to connect to a MS SQL Express 2005 DB via Dreamweaver MX and can't seethe tables that I set up using the Management Studio.

I've run the patch/extension, I've tried the workaround of deleting the scripts subdirectory, all without success.

The SP2DBFIX extension all seems to run ok, whenever I click test in the connection setup it puts the files, but then comes up with error 405 method not allowed.

Any clues anyone?

Cheers

2. Hi Aristotle,

After tearing my hair out for a while I've decided to go back to what I know better (MySQL) for development, once I get cashed up I'llmigrate to MS SQL.

HOWEVER! Now I'm having trouble setting up a dsn less connection in Dreamweaver. This SHOULD work (I think).....

DRIVER={MySQL};SERVER=mysql01.discountasp.net;DATABASE=MYSQLDB_*****;USER=****;PASSWORD=****;

But all I get is "Unidentified error ocurred". Any advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers

3. Open a page in DW, goto application, then databases, then add custom connection string.

Give your connection a name (no spaces or funny characters allowed)

Then add the line below:

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" ...

check "Use driver on testing server" and then try and test.

If DW comes back OK your done, if not then use the error to work out whats going wrong.

good luck.

latest softwares