Is this a viable development scenario?

Discussion in 'SQL 2008 Beta [Closed]' started by norisk, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I am in the middle of developing an intranet for a customer. I've been developing in the Beta and am comfortable with the platform as being stable enough. What I would love to do is this:

* develop against your Beta servers
    * as soon as the product is released, bring the customer online with a paying account

What I don't want to happen is:

* I develop against your Beta servers
    * I have no way or no opportunity to move it to a live account

Will the Beta run until the Release ToMarketing version comes online on your servers?

Can wegracefully transition to the live serviers?

Will you be backing up the Beta servers?

Thanks,

Bill Ross
    a satisfied customer

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We will not be backing up the SQL 2008 beta servers. So if you have important stuff to keep, you will need to save all that stuff on your own computer.

We don't know when SQL 2008 will officially launch. We plan on launching SQL 2008 hosting as quickly as possible but we don't know if there will be any changes between RC0 and RTM. So far, no one that we speak to at Microsoftis budging and telling us any firm dates - we just hear that it will bea Q3 launch.

We will also not be migrating data from RC0 to RTM. This will be the customer's responsibility.

And who knows, there may be an RC1 coming. If so, I'm not sure if we'll wipe the beta box out and install RC1 or not. So if you have important work, make sure the backup your stuff continuously. We just have to play it by ear right now.

Eric
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2008 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Hosting Service

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.