Microsoft web expression

Discussion in 'FrontPage' started by Antonio, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Hi,[​IMG]

I intend to upgrade my site from frontpage 2000/2003 to Microsoft web expression.[​IMG]

I'm a newbie

Do you think I will have problems with the publishing, or of any other source?

Do I still need to have the frontpage extensions activated?

Regards
    António Oliveira

2. If you run into any trouble publishing your site it's not really a problem...
    There are so many very good FTP programs out now, some are even free, or with small registration fees.

Even with the full versions of Visual Studio it's nice to have 3rd party apps to sync files with.

Where you expecting any trouble in particular?
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Hi[​IMG]

In the past I had a lot of problems when I used other FTP clientes to upload my frontpage site. The guestbook and feedback forms didn't work at all (...)

Then I understood that I will need always to use Frontpage FTP client to publish the site.

As far as I understood, even small changes in one page should be published with frontpage and not other ftp client, becauseotherwise the frontpage extensions willbecome crazy[​IMG]

My doubt at this moment is if using the M. Web Expression I still rely ont the frontpage extensions (because I still use the guestbook and feedback forms), or I canpublish trought other ftp client.

Regards
    António

4. You'll find most of us feel you're better off not using them, safer and a lot less "junky".

If you have any trouble you'll find developers here who can help you, quickly.
    Salute,
    Mark

5. Hi![​IMG]

Thank you for your comments.

I'm not a web designer/programmer. Thank you for the link

I don't know Visual Studio. I only did in the past my personal web page, using frontpage 2000 [​IMG]

At this moment I already took some hours with EWD, (to do a new version of my webpage) and I agree that seemes much much much better than fp2000, and maybe better than fp2003.Until now I didn't had any problemswith publishing... I keep the fp extensions enabled because I have a guestbook and a Hit counter.

EWD as 3 large advantages to people like me, that only wants to manage there personal website: the software price,thelarge number of templates available, and the user friendly interface.

6. I think VS still has allot of advantages over Expression Web Designer. For one thing EWD doesn't have the project support like VS has. Although EWD is a big step above FrontPage. If you are new to EWD I suggest going to this link. It's great for beginners and it is easy to read. http://by-expression.com/

rcp
    DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET