New Website on Trading Systems and Stock Analysis

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by MysteryLeo, Apr 23, 2009.

1. I created a new website with some friends about trading systems and stock analysis.

Trader Bots

I spent a long time reworking the header, and the littlest things can make a world of difference. I wonder what else I should improve to make it more usable.

Also, is the color scheme to drab?

Lastly, do you get it? The concept I'm trying to convey might be a little opaque, so I'm not sure if I'm conveying the value proposition of the website very well.

Thoughts?

2. The color schema is light which is easy on the eyes. The main info is in the middle of the page so you're utilizing your realestate well. I guess my only suggestion is on the portfolio tab where it list all the stock names, the list can get quite long. Maybe you can break it to several pages? And do you have a feature where it can group the stocks on where they are being traded on. Dow, NASDQ, SP500? Plus I don't know if I'm asking too much but it would be nice to have a link to the companies financial statements. From a finance point of view knowing the trading activity is one thing but also checking on the company directly will really help me decide if the stock activity is driven by market emotions or solid logic? HMMM, hope I'm not being too demanding....

3. no not too demanding at all. I should make the page as useful as possible. I think i'll follow your suggestions in the next release.

4. Just had a round of usability studies. Turns out our last design was pretty bad. Amazing what you learn by watching your users.

After a lot of work, and design reviews, we think we have something much cleaner, easier to use, and easier to understand.

See our new design:
    Trader Bots

Do you have any advice on anything else we can improve?

Our main questions are
    1) What is confusing?
    2) What features are missing that a user might want?
    3) What can we improve in general

Thanks a bunch

5. One of our design friends gave us some quick tips and ideas.

Implemented most of them, and the homepage looks a lot more professional.

Trader Bots

Would love some thoughts on what else we can improve on.

Also, does anyone know of any websites that have a really usable homepage.

Preferably, something that operates under the Freemium or Subscription business model, but we're interested in looking at examples of anything that isn't a blog.

6. Ok, so you are suggesting all these different stocks. Then you list the prediction dates. But how are you coming up with these predictions? Why should I believe your right?