No longer able to get to SQL server

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 4.0 RC Beta [Closed]' started by Jo8n, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi.

First let me say that I should have already posted how smoothly everything was going with publishing my silverlight test application to the DiscountASP.NET .NET 4 beta 2 sandbox.

Tonight I'm getting this error trying to connect to the DB from VS2010:
    A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

My login information including password is saved so I have no reason to think it changed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tonight was my first difficulty. Although I had only published the DB once and then updated it a few times, I know I wasn't having this issue before but I cannot say for sure that it just started.

2. Did you find a solution?

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

3. Can't connect with SQL Server Management Studio

It appears that my deployed application can connect with the DB but I can't connect remotely to update the schema.

Will this be fixed with the upgrade today?

Luke

4. I had the same deal as Luke. Even though I couldn't update the schema from VS, my deployed service could. It is less than optimal but a viable workaround.

5. Not getting any love from the discountasp support

I haven't even been able to create a schema, which is preventing me from really getting started. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get past this?

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I confirmed the problem and have email our network guy to check it out.

7. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

This issue has been resolved. You should be able to connect to sql remotely now.

8. Thank you. I am able to connect from VS now. However, I can no longer get to the web site. Probably a separate problem--new post coming :)

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.