Problem connecting to database

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 4.0 RC Beta [Closed]' started by yellowmoon, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I published my VS2010 project using 1 click, but I'm having a problem testing my site. While the welcome page loads fine, I get the following error when I tried to log in:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I tried to connect to the database using SQL Server Management Studio with the configs provided in the email but got the same error when using named pipe and a timeout error using TCP/IP.

Have you come across this error before? Am I missing something obvious?

This is my connection string:
    <add name="AmbitianObjectContext" connectionString="metadata=res://*/ObjectContexts.Ambitian.csdl|res://*/ObjectContexts.Ambitian.ssdl|res://*/ObjectContexts.Ambitian.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=netfx4lab.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=DB_user1657;User ID=user1657;Password=xxxxxxxx;Integrated Security=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

try put a clear in your connection string to clear out anything other connection strings.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.