Problem in ssl insatallation of SSL certificates

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dev1, May 21, 2013.

1. Problem in insatallation of SSL certificates

Hi everyone,

I want to update my site's ssl certificates. I have valid GeoTrust certificates in x509 format. I have tried to renew my SSL certification, when i paste my code in form and then click the install certificates button once a new window is opens which ask for my control panel's Username and password. after fill these i am again redirected to the SSL manager. Here i see the "SSL Status: Pending certificate installation. " . Why my certificates are not installed.

anyone help please. Thanks in advance

Regards,
    dev1

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

To renew your certificate, you need follow the instructions in this Knowledge Base article:

http://support.discountasp.net/KB/a960/renewing-an-ssl-certificate.aspx

A new CSR should be generated only once which is then provided to GeoTrust. GeoTrust then sends the certificate which you can paste in the Control Panel to complete the installation. I can't tell if that's what you've done, or if you purchased the certificate directly from GeoTrust. If you have a complete certificate with private/public key pair, then you may need to open up a support ticket to see if we can import it.

3. ssl cerificate installation issue

Hello Tasslehoff,

Thanks very much for reply. As I said I have a GeoTrust certificate in PKCS7 format. As I read only x509 format of certificates is allowed. So I have converted PKCS7 certificates to x509 format. And then I give try to install x509 certificate. when i ckick install certificates button a new window is open which ask me for my cntrol panel login Id and password. when i click submit to submit my credentials again i am redirected to SSL manager console and where I see again "SSl status: Cerificates installation pending".

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Dev1

4. RayH

Did you open it up with a text editor and paste the contents in the Install SSL Certificate section?

5. Cerificate insatallation problem

Yes I have copied the certifiacte on notepad & then tried. When I firstly strat to install certificate (in pkcs7 format) then an error was occured while i click on Install certifiacte button. After that I have tried with x509 format. Here I paste my code copied from notepad. Two times a new window open (when click on Instal certificate button (It works, shows not error & redirect me on another window ))which ask me for my login credentials. When I fill the credentials I am again redirected to SSL manager window where I see "SSL status : Cerificate installation pending"

6. Now I am facing Following error while try to install certificate.

Error: Certificate does not match the common name of the request.

7. RayH

It's probably better to open up a support ticket and provide us with copies of both certificates so that we can look into the situation further.