Recordset Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by robsecord, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I was just wondering if DiscountASP.net Supports RecordSet Bookmarks?

When I try to use certain methods of a RecordSet object like:

rs.PageSize
    rs.PageCount
    rs.AbsolutePage

I get the following error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'
    Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation of the provider or of the selected cursortype.

Is this a limitation of the CursorType? Or are recordset bookmarks not supported?

R. Secord, B.Sc., CTO MorphixTech

2. Well basically, I wanted to display a list of products, but page by page.. I wanted to use the built-in PageSize functions for the RecordSet, but I kept getting an error..

I have since worked around it using logic only, but it would be much easier (and I suppose faster) if I could use the built in ones.. my code looked somewhat like this:

Set cn = Server.CreateObject( "ADODB.Connection" )
    cn.Open strConn
    Set rs = cn.Execute("Select * From Products Where Category = '" & sCategory & "' And SubCategory = '" & sSubCategory & "' Order By Title")

rs.PageSize = 10

The above line is where it gives the error I mentioned earlier..

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

>I was just wondering if DiscountASP.net Supports RecordSet Bookmarks?

I think so. It is standard ADO stuff.

Please post code.

quote:Originally posted by robsecord

I was just wondering if DiscountASP.net Supports RecordSet Bookmarks?

When I try to use certain methods of a RecordSet object like:

rs.PageSize
    rs.PageCount
    rs.AbsolutePage

I get the following error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'
    Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation of the provider or of the selected cursortype.

Is this a limitation of the CursorType? Or are recordset bookmarks not supported?

</blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

4. I think you should first set the Cursorlocation of the connection to adUseClient (a constant with value 3 for the Cursorlocation) before opening your connection. (I'm not sure if you can set it afterwards)

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.