SQL Server 2008 via Database Manager

Discussion in 'SQL 2008 Beta [Closed]' started by bdgross, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hello,
    I enabledmy betaSQL Server 2008 account and enabled Database Managerunder IIS tools in the control panel. In IIS Manager, I installed Database Manager, restarted IIS Manager, and started Database Manager. I then created a new connection with the following settings:

Connection name: SQL2008conn
    Database provider type: System.Data.SqlClient
    Server: sql2k8-beta.discountasp.net
    Database: SQL2008_482384_beta
    User ID: SQL2008_482384_beta_user
    Password: ******

These were the settings displayed on the control panel when I added the beta SQL Server 2008 account. However, when executing a query against the connection in Database Manager, I get a "Failed to connect to server error".

Is there something wrong with the settings that I entered in Database Manager? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Hi,
    Are you talking about the IIS7 DB manager?
    Please be a little more specific about which tool/version.

Connecting to SQL Server 2008 can be done via both the full and express versions of SQL Server 2008.
    There is also an update to allow SQL Server 2005 to connect.
    And of course the DB manager in IIS7 from the IIS7 Manager.
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Yes, I am using IIS Manager 7.0. I try to configure the SQL connection using the settings given in a previous post. When I click the connection icon in Database Manager, it prompts me for a password; I enter the password, and it appears to connect, and Tables and Stored Procedures menu items appear under the connection (databaseManager1.jpg). However, when I attempt to execute a simple SQL query against the database, I get a connection error (databaseManagerError1.jpg) .
    Thanks for your help.
    -Ben

Attached Files:

4. Hi,
    I just checked and couldn't find anyone who had this problem with the IIS7 DB manager yet.
    (Including me.)
    Open a Support Ticket and see if any of the DASP DB guys have any ideas what might be going on.
    Salute,
    Mark

5. JorgeR

JorgeR DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hi guys,

Currently you are not able to use the DB Manager (IIS7 Manager) against SQL 2008.

junior

DiscountASP.NET

www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.