Webmatrix 'Unable to Connect'

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by Robb, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I have a question about Webmatrix 3 and why it can't connect to the site. I uploaded the file that I downloaded which includes all the information in order to use webmatrix 3 to connect to the site. Then I'll get another connection issue which says 'Invalid User Name or Password. Please Verify your credentials and that the remote site has not been deleted.' I have never used Webmatrix before so am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Also on the login page it says that I can import an account 'Import an account you downloaded from your hosting provider' where do I find this information? Thank you ahead of time for any help and advise.

2. You can contact the Support Department for assistance in configuring your Web Deploy settings for WebMatrix 3.

The error message you described can mean that you have not set IIS Manager permission for your user, you can do that from the MS IIS Manager tab in the IIS Tools section of your Control Panel.

The file you download from the Account Info/Edit section of your Control Panel is the same .publishsettings file that you will want to find when using the “Import publish profile” button from WebMatrix.

martino and mjp like this.